Top 10 Cold Weather Tips for Laptops
TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO U400 laptop battery
li-ion, 4400.00mAh, 10.80V
Fits Toshiba Laptop Battery PN: PA3634U-1BAS, PA3635U-1BAM, PA3635U-1BRM, PA3636U-1BRL, PA3638U-1BAP, PA3728U-1BRS, PABAS117, PABAS178
TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO 4600 SERIES laptop battery
Li-ion, 4500.00mAh, 10.80V
Fits Toshiba Laptop Battery PN: B404, PA2487, PA2487U, PA2487UG, PA2487UR, PA2487URG, PA2487URN, PA3107U, PA3107U-1BAS, PA3107U-1BRS, PABAS011,
BOSCH GBH 24VRE power tool drill battery
Ni-MH, 24.00V, 3000.00mAh
Fits Bosch Cordless Drill Battery PN: 2607335082, 2 607 335 082, 2607335083, 2 607 335 083, 2607335097, 2 607 335 097, 2607335098, 2 607 335 098, 2607335163, 2 607 335 163, 2607335190, 2 607 335 190, 2607335192, 2 607 335 192, 2607335215, 2 607 335 215, 2607335216, 2 607 335 216, BAT019, BAT 019, BAT020, BAT 020, BAT021, BAT 021
TOSHIBA SATELLITE L500 SERIES laptop battery
Li-ion, 10.80V, 4400.00mAh
Fits Toshiba Laptop Battery PN: PA3534U-1BAS, PA3534U-1BRS, PA3535U-1BRS, PA3682U-1BRS, PA3727U-1BRS, PABAS098, PABAS174 Regular laptops have been designed to work within a safe temperature range - normally 50 to 95 degrees F (10 - 35 degrees C). This range refers both to optimal usage temperature of the outside environment and the temperature the laptop should be warmed to before using. Protecting your laptop from cold weather is important and you should know how to protect your laptop from cold weather. Protect yourself and your laptop from the damage cold weather can cause.
1. Ruggedized LaptopsIf your budget allows, purchase or lease a ruggedized laptop if you will be outside in cold temperatures for extended periods of time. Ruggedized laptops have been designed to work under extreme weather conditions. When you rely on your laptop and can't count on the weather to co-operate - a ruggedized laptop is worth considering. Most ruggedized laptops have been tested according to MIL-STD-810F standards.
2. Careful StorageNever leave a laptop, even in a well-padded and insulated laptop case in the trunk of vehicle in cold weather. The laptop could freeze and you lose all data contained in it.
3. Let It Warm UpOnce you bring a laptop in from the cold - allow it to warm up to room temperature before booting. The same is true when you go outdoors - allow the laptop to acclimatize to the outside temperature before booting up.
4. Incorrect Warming MethodsDo not use devices such as mug warmers or pocket warmers to heat or keep a laptop warm. They are not designed for this purpose and can create problems as they will not heat or keep a laptop warm in the right way. They could heat the wrong parts of a laptop or cause it to generate too much heat and melt internal components.
5. Laptop WarmersThere are laptop warmers designed specifically for the purpose of keeping a laptop warm and these are what you should use. Laptop warmers have been tested to ensure they will safely protect your laptop and are a wise investment.
6. Excessive Heat Build-UpDo not use your laptop while it is still inside a laptop bag. There is no room for air to circulate and you will get heat build-up. You can create your own "box" for your laptop which will allow air to circulate and provide an enclosed area for you to use your laptop. Having the laptop on a raised platform for your laptop within the box will aid in airflow. This laptop box will help keep the laptop warmer as cold air is blocked and the heat generated from the laptop is kept in the box.
7. Protecting Your DisplayDon't use heating pads or other external sources of heat to warm up or thaw a laptop display. Allow the display to warm on its own and do not boot up a laptop if you suspect the display is frozen.
8. Stay Out of the ColdWhenever possible stay out of direct exposure to cold weather conditions by staying in a vehicle, inside a building or other type of shelter. Protecting your laptop from excessive dampness or wet from snow will keep your keyboard from freezing and other problems from developing.
9. Change Power SettingsBy changing the power settings from power save mode will help keep the laptop warm as it continues to run. Instead of having the hard drive shut down, keep it spinning. The longer the laptop can be kept left running, the warmer it will stay as it generates its own heat.
10. Don't Get CreativeLast but by no means least - do not create your own devices to keep your laptop warm! This is especially important if you are using a company owned or leased laptop. You will be responsible for any damage caused and will have to have it repaired or replaced at your own expense.
Read the other related article>>
Tips For Finding Cordless Drill Batteries
The Right External Laptop Battery For You
Laptop Battery - This is How You Take Care of Yours
DEWALT DW9057 Power Tool Battery Articles & Tips
When to Get a New Replacement AC Adapter
Utilize Only One AC Adapter With Your Several Laptop Types
Buy a Laptop Battery the Smart Way
How Many Cells Are In A Laptop Battery
Battery and Electric
Battery Acid Spill Containment
Choosing a Power Drill
How to Using a Power Drill
PDA Use in Health Care
How to Fix a Broken Laptop
How to Find Your Laptop's Brand and Model
What is a Short Circuit?
Cocktails to Power up Your Batteries
The World's Most Dangerous Battery
Battery Arrangement and Power
How do the battery testers on battery packages work
Why Do Batteries seem to go dead and then come back to life if you let them rest?
Cordless Drill With Li-ion Batteries
Testing Cordless Drill Batteries
What causes laptop batteries to overheat?
Tips to Keep Your Laptop Battery in Good Working Condition
How to Maximize Cordless Drill Battery Performance?
4 Step to Improve a Cordless Drill Battery!
How Can I Revive an 18V Drill Battery?
Can I use my old Ni-Cd battery charger to charge my Ni-MH batteries?
Should I Remove the Laptop Battery For A Desktop Replacement Laptop?
5 Laptop Battery Maintenance Tips
Introduction to How Lithium-ion Batteries Work.
Inside a Lithium-ion Battery Pack and Cell.
Lithium-ion Battery Life and Death.
Laptop AC Adapter Stopped Working, What shall I do.